Forward Tipping Dumper
Who Should Attend?
Anyone with little/no experience and wishes to gain the NPORS Dumper certificate and 5 Year Operator Card.
To teach you the necessary knowledge, understanding, awareness and skills to safely operate a Forward Tipping Dumper. This will be taught over 5 days with a mix of theory and practical tuition, with two assessments at the end of your course.
You’ll learn how to carry out safety procedures, pre-start checks and more. We teach you the capabilities and functions of each machine.
Is this course CITB Grant claimable?
You can claim up to £120 (training only) as long as you provide us with your CITB Levy number either at the time of booking or on the day of the course.
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for forward tipping dumper use
- Prepare the forward tipping dumper for use and operate safely and efficiently
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Attach and set trailers, ready for operation
- Environmental considerations
- Storage and transport of implements and attachments
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures