Who Should Attend?
Anyone with little/no experience and wishes to gain the NPORS Dumper certificate and 5 Year Operator Card.
To teach you the necessary knowledge, understanding, awareness and skills to safely operate a Forward Tipping Dumper. This will be taught over 5 days with a mix of theory and practical tuition, with two assessments at the end of your course.
You’ll learn how to carry out safety procedures, pre-start checks and more. We teach you the capabilities and functions of each machine.
Your course will be delivered at our NPORS Training Centre, just outside of Frome. We have on-site facilities, training areas and a classroom to deliver all required practical and theory training.
Upon successful completion of the test, you’ll be issued with an Operators Dumper Card. These cards are issued by NPORS, and valid for 5 years. All candidates will be tested and supervised by one of our fully accredited NPORS Instructors, Steve or Mark.
This course meets the statutory requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, and other relevant statutory provisions and Approved Codes of Practice.
Is this course CITB Grant claimable?
You can claim up to £120 (training only) as long as you provide us with your CITB Levy number either at the time of booking or on the day of the course.
- Operating Safety Code.
- Introduction to machine / Control Familiarisation.
- Pre-Start Checks and Refuelling.
- General Operating Practice unladen and laden.
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces- loaded and unloaded
- Explain actions required for hazards underground and overhead services
- Ensure load integrity and security
- Transfer loads to different locations
- Loading & Unloading Practices.
- Park and shut down procedures.
- NPORS Multi-Choice Theory Test.
- NPORS Practical Skills Test.
NPORS card with photo and certificate, issued by NPORS. If required, we can apply for your Operators card with the CSCS hologram (if you hold the relevant qualifications).
Please inform Steve or Mark if you have any health issues, physical problems, special considerations or are taking any medication, which may create difficulties in undertaking elements of this training course.
Double up your NPORS Qualification by adding your Excavator module for an extra £100 per day.
5 days for full Novice Dumper training & Testing