Who Should Attend?
Anyone with little/no experience and wishes to gain the NPORS 360 Excavator certificate and 5 Year Operator Card.
To teach you the necessary knowledge, understanding, awareness and skills to safely operate a 360 Excavator. This will be taught over 10 days with a mix of theory and practical tuition, with two assessments at the end of your course.
You’ll learn how to carry out safety procedures, pre-start checks and more. We teach you the capabilities and functions of each machine, and how to understand the instructions implemented by level pegs and profiles.
Is this course CITB Grant claimable?
You can claim up to £120 (training only) as long as you provide us with your CITB Levy number either at the time of booking or on the day of the course.
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their functions
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for excavator use
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Safely mount and dismount the machine
- Start and stop the engine and safely move the machine off and stop it safely
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely across varying terrain in open and confined areas
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out excavating tasks
- Carry out excavating tasks
- Load material onto transporting vehicles or into containers
- Reinstate excavation, grade and level ground
- Fit and remove attachments
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures