Who Should Attend?
This course is for people with limited or no experience who want to learn how to operate a Slinger / Signaller in the Lifting Industry, and that wish to gain NPORS Slinger/Signaller Certificate and a Operator Card.
Our Slinger / Signaller training course 2 days is designed to provide novice operators with sufficient Slinger / Signaller training which will enable them to competently and safely operate a Slinger / Signaller and pass the NPORS theory/practical assessments.
Candidates must have a valid CITB Operative Test (OPS) within the past 2 years (also referred to as the CSCS touch screen test).
We can accommodate this at our centre for a fee of £45 (inc vat).
Please Click here to book now.
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a Slinger / Signaller.
- Be able to conform to manufacturers requirements as per technical data, conform to relevant regulations and legislation.
- Be able to locate, identify and explain different types of lifting equipment and lifting accessories. Explain their basic construction, uses, applications and their functions.
- Be able to interpret and extract information on all relevant documentation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks on non-specialist lifting accessories and identify non serviceable items.
- Explain procedures for placing non-serviceable items out-of-service.
- Identify and explain centres of gravity and calculate estimated weights of loads.
- Set up exclusion zone explaining actions required for emergency actions, identifying any overhead hazards.
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Slinger / Signaller use.
- Secure various types of loads to a hook using the relevant lifting accessories and procedures ensuring load balance, security and integrity.
- Direct and guide the movement of loads to different types of location using different methods of communication.
- Environmental considerations.
- Carry out all out of service and securing procedures