Who Should Attend?
Anyone with little/no experience and who wishes to gain the CPCS Slinger / Signaller Certificate and a Operator Card.
Our Training’s Slinger/Signaller training course 2 days is designed to provide novice and intermediate operators with sufficient slinger signaller training which will enable them to competently and safely carry out the role of a slinger/signaller and pass the CPCS theory/practical assessments.
Candidates must have a valid CITB Operative Test (OPS) within the past 2 years (also referred to as the CSCS touch screen test).
We can accommodate this at our centre for a fee of £45 (inc vat).
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a slinger/signaller.
- Prepare the area & maintain exclusion zones. Choose relevant accessories for given load.
- Name & explain the different types of lifting equipment and accessories.
- Secure & detach various loads to the requisite lifting point using relevant accessories & procedures.
- Conform with manufacturer requirements and relevant regulations/legislation. Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Guide & control movement of loads. Accurately place loads. Comply with procedures.
- Communicate with the plant operator. Identify centres of gravity & establish weights of loads.
- Carry out out-of-service and securing procedures.