Who Should Attend?
Anyone with little/no experience and wishes to gain the CPCS Excavator certificate and a 5 Year Operator Card.
Candidates must have a valid CITB Operative Test (OPS) within the past 2 years (also referred to as the CSCS touch screen test).
We can accommodate this at our centre for a fee of £45 (inc vat).
To teach you the necessary knowledge, understanding, awareness and skills to safely operate a 360 Excavator. This will be taught over 10 days with a mix of theory and practical tuition, with two assessments at the end of your course.
You’ll learn how to carry out safety procedures, pre-start checks and more. We teach you the capabilities and functions of each machine, and how to understand the instructions implemented by level pegs and profiles.
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Prepare for excavating duties. Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Name & explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls & terminology
- Excavate differing types of excavations in various types of ground. Place materials into transporting vehicles.
- Conform with manufacturer requirements and relevant regulations/legislation. Undertake all pre-use checks
- Grade, spread and level ground and materials. Attach and remove buckets
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, inclines and level surfaces. Manoeuvre in confined spaces
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures. Explain the procedures for transportation