Who Should Attend?
This course is for people with limited or no experience who want to learn how to operate a wheeled forward tipping dumper, that wishes to gain the CPCS Plant & Vehicle Marshaller Certificate and a Operator Card.
Our Dumper training course 5 days is designed to provide novice and intermediate operators with sufficient dumper training which will enable them to competently and safely carry out the role of a dumper driver and pass the CPCS theory/practical assessments.
Candidates must have a valid CITB Operative Test (OPS) within the past 2 years (also referred to as the CSCS touch screen test).
We can accommodate this at our centre for a fee of £45 (inc vat).
Please Click here to book now.
- Overview of the role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- The purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Conform with manufacturer’s requirements as per the handbook, other types of information and relevant regulations and legislation.
- Undertake all pre-use checks.
- Configure and ready for travel (site and highway).
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level services – loaded and unloaded.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces.
- Ensure the suitability of the tipping and loading area.
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Position to receive loads.
- Comply with loading procedures.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Transfer loads to different locations.
- Discharge loads into trenches and over edges.
- Maintain safe and tidy working areas.
- Carry out and shut down securing procedures.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting.