NRSWA Streetworks Unit 002 – Operative
Who Should Attend?
This Signing, Lighting and Guarding course is designed for Operatives who have to erect signing, lighting and guarding for work on the roadways and highways.
To provide Operatives with the skills and knowledge to perform their duties when signing, lighting and guarding to the standards prescribed by the SQA and in-line with the NRSW Act, in order to safeguard themselves and others.
Is this course CITB Grant claimable?
You can claim up to £120 as long as you provide us with your CITB Levy number either at the time of booking or on the day of the course.
Training Course Content
- New Roads and Street Works Act.
- Basic principles of signing, lighting and guarding.
- Traffic control measures.
- Practical use of the Code of Practice.
- Portable traffic lights.
- Practical use of equipment.
By the end of the training course delegates will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of the NRSW Act and standards prescribed by the SQA.
- Identify and use correct traffic control measures.
- Erect and dismantle signing, guarding and lighting safely and in accordance with the supporting Code of Practice.
- Correctly and confidently operate the equipment used.
A high proportion of discussion and simulated assessments supplemented with video and classroom based tutorials and progress tests. Please note, Operatives will be assessed by way of practical tests and oral questioning.