Bookings are closed for this event.
This course is designed to give candidates the necessary theory and practical skills to enable them to pass their NPORS theory and practical tests which are conducted on this course.
Novice – Any novice with no industry or machine experience who require a competent operator card for Excavator 360 above or below 10 tonnes tracked.
Semi-Skilled – Operatives with some industry and machine experience who require a trained operator card for Excavator 360 above or below 10 tonnes tracked.
Experienced – Operatives who require card renewal or machine operators who regularly use excavators and are looking to gain an accredited qualification.
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- The health and Safety requirements of the industry and their role and responsibility as a plant operator.
- Regulations, legislation and operator’s handbook.
- Pre-use checks.
- The purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Configure and set for site travel.
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces.
- Configure and set up for excavating duties.
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Place materials into transporting vehicles.
- Grade spread and level ground and materials.
- Attach and remove buckets.
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
If you require a CSCS logo on your card you must have passed the Health, Safety and Environment Test. This must have been passed within the last 2 years.
You must also be physically and mentally capable of undertaking the tasks you are required to carry out.
NPORS traditional (5 years) or CSCS accredited (2 years without relevant NVQ or 5 years with relevant NVQ)
Once qualified candidates will receive a competent operator card.