On completion, the candidate will be expected to have attained a level of operating skill which will comply with the standard laid down.
Provide the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating the Forward Tipping Dumper and be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions and accepted good practice.
At the end of the course you will know
- Introduction to the dumper to be used
- Pre-use inspection and take over maintenance
- Controls and instruments
- Starting, moving and stopping the machine
- Handling laden and unladen loads
- Operation of hydraulic controls
- Operating on rough terrain
- Safety code testing
- Practical test of basic operating skills
- Written test of operating knowledge
- Traverse incline & declines
If you require a CSCS logo on your card you must have passed the Health, Safety and Environment Test. This must have been passed within the last 2 years.
You must also be physically and mentally capable of undertaking the tasks you are required to carry out.
NPORS traditional (5 years) or CSCS accredited (2 years without relevant NVQ or 5 years with relevant NVQ)
Once qualified candidates will receive a competent operator card.